There are four volumes in Dijon Public Library which are known as ''St. Stephen's Bible''. This was produced in 1109, because St. Stephen had found discrepancies between the version of the Bible at Cteaux and the versions in other religious houses. A new translation was made by Hebrew scholars (not Latin scholars as was usual). The beautiful illuminations, reproduced in this volume, resemble contemporary work at Winchester, which has led some French scholars to suggest that they were done by others, but on his authority, and with his guidance.